SSWBA Membership benefits include having a volunteer board that works on the behalf of the South Street Corridor, West of Broad Street and your business. We do a lot of the "under the hood" things that business owners often do not have time to do for themselves. Here are a few things that we do:
- Zoning: Advocate for mixed uses along with increased neighboring residential density;
- Corridor beautification: Coordinates with PHS, SOSNA and other organizations with tree plantings and uplimbing; cigarette butt receptacle installations, plaza improvements, mural arts, and more!
- Monthly meetings - We hold monthly meetings. A great way to meet/network with your fellow business owners and keep up with the news.
- Event coordination - we facilitate block closures for street events and festivals;
- Safety: In response to concerns of business owners we now have a police officer (Linda Nagle) from the 17th Police district, who is dedicated to our corridor and we are working with the SOSNA Vision Zero to enhance safety for pedestrians, cyclists and motor vehicle users alike;
- Enhanced Corridor Access: New bike racks/corrals, IndeGo Stations have all been coordinated and/or paid for by SSWBA;
- Business Advocacy: We provide priority reposting of social media posts for paid members of the business association;
- Keep in the know - through our list serve (and website to come) we keep you in the know of corridor happenings and concerns.
Annual SSWBA membership is $120 a year.